Upcoming Events –
Reminders for Wakefield Warriors:
Here are a few reminders to help you acclimate to the new school year.
- School Hours – 8:20am – 3:10pm. All students are expected to be on time to school and to each of their classes.
- Senior Off-Campus Lunch – Seniors may begin to pick up their specialized passes from Ms. Jackson in B118 if the parental permission form has been completed and submitted. This must be done prior to being given permission to leave campus. Senior off-campus lunch will begin September 5 for those who have picked up their passes.
- Cell Phones Away During Class – Students should plan on remaining engaged in classroom instruction, free from distractions. This means that students are expected to keep their cell phones away during class so that they can focus on learning. Your teachers will be enforcing this in their classrooms with support from the administration.
- Closed Campus – Students are expected to remain on campus for the duration of the school day and are not permitted to leave early unless checked out by a parent. Students leaving campus without permission will be redirected back to campus and will have interventions with administration. The only exceptions are seniors who have off-campus lunch permission and students traveling to and from Arlington Career Center.
- Student drop-off takes place on Dinwiddie Street. Drop-off will not be permitted in the parking lot or bus loop. Please note that ticketing will begin later this week for cars that do not have staff parking tags.
Welcome to Wakefield 2023-24 – We Get It Done!
If you need to register a new student or withdraw a current student, please contact our registrar, Ruby Rivera email@example.com or 703-228-6741 to make an appointment.
Mental Health Resources
If you are in crisis, take action! If someone you care about is in crisis, take action!
You have options:·
- Call 9-1-1·
- Go to the nearest emergency room at your local hospital·
- Call Arlington Emergency Mental Health 703-228-5160·
- Call Crisis Link 24-hour Hot Line 703-527-4077· Go to In Crisis Need Help Now? on the APS website for important phone numbers, tips for students and families, and links to emergency information.
- Call the Cigna School Support Line: 833-632-4462 at any time. The line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Staff can help in English and Spanish and can link callers to local resources. Other languages are available through the Language Line. Calls are Anonymous; no insurance, legal status or documentation requested.
NAVIANCE Family Connection
Access the Wakefield Naviance website!
Naviance’s Family Connection is a college and career exploration tool for students and parents. You have access to this web-based resource 24/7!
Go to: https://student.naviance.com/wakefieldhigh