Ultimate Frisbee is an intramural activity that is offered at Wakefield High school which includes competition across the county with games scheduled against Career Center, HB Woodlawn, Yorktown, and Washington-Liberty.
Here are the requirements for Ultimate Frisbee:
- Ultimate Frisbee is classified as an intramural sport and therefore students are not required to follow the VHSL guidelines.
- Students are not required to have a physical or medical insurance but we strongly encourage parents to have medical coverage on their children because injuries do happen when engaged in active play. Parents who need to purchase accident insurance may click on our Student Insurance links to purchase which will at least provide some coverage.
- Practices and games are held on the baseball outfield. Practice times usually occur after school from 3:15 – 4:30 pm; not to last longer than 90 minutes. Practice will be held 2 days per week prior to the start of games. Once games begin, practice is held one day a week.
- Game times are typically 5:30 and 6:30 pm with boys and girls games playing on the same night and rotating which team plays the early or late slot.
- APS Transportation will provide buses to take teams to away sites for games only.
- The first day of practice for ultimate begins on September 9, 2019
- See attached – High School Ultimate 2019 REVISED 9.23.19
- Practice Schedule 2019 – 2020 (TBD)
- Girls Ultimate Frisbee Interest Meeting – Tuesday, September 10 in room A-207 at 3:15 pm
- Girls Practices will be on Tuesday/Thursday, 3:15 – 4:30 pm – on the baseball field. First practice will be on Thursday, September 12th! See Mr. Stewart for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boys Ultimate Frisbee Interest Meeting – Tuesday, September 10 in the small gym at 3:15 pm. See Ms. Richardson for more details at email@example.com
- Boys Practices will be on Monday/Wednesday, 3:15 – 4:30 pm – on the baseball field. First practice will be on Wednesday, September 11th!