How can I volunteer to serve as VP of Programs or on a PTSA Committee?
If you didn’t get a chance to fill out the interest form in the Spring but are still interested in lending your voice, talents and time to the PTSA, there is still time! Just fill out the google form below. It takes a village to make a PTSA successful — and more hands make less work for any one of us.
Wakefield PTSA 2022/23 Parent Interest Form
What follows is a list of volunteer opportunities and a brief description of duties. If you have any questions or want to volunteer, please contact PTSA President, Judith Davis.
- Class Liaisons (2 per class): Class liaisons will work with the assigned Assistant Principal and Teacher assigned to the Senior, Junior and Sophomore classes to collect class dues, assist with periodic communication to the families in the class and help in planning end of the year activities.
- Communications (1): Assist with social media and other communications needs.
- Formals for Five Coordinators (2): Work with your counterparts at Washington-Lee High School to publicize the need for and gather donated male and female formal wear for prom. Coordinate the set-up and clean-up of formal wear “shop” and assist students in making selections.
- Hispanic Parent Liaisons (2): Work to keep the Hispanic Parent Committee aware of important, upcoming events and serve as a liaison to the PTSA Executive Committee.
- No Sweat Fundraising Chair (1): Coordinate the publicity for and tracking of this low effort fundraiser for the PTSA.