- APS School Talk
Parents are automatically enrolled in APS School Talk when they fill out their First Day Forms and provide the school with their email address. This is the primary way that the school and APS communicates with parents and the community.
- How to join the Wakefield_Booster_PTA Listserv
“Wakefield_Booster_PTA” is the main listserv used for communication from the PTA and Boosters to parents regarding PTA, Booster, Sport schedules, College Planning, Volunteer Requests and other events at the school.
“WakefieldSportsChat” is the listserv used by some sports teams for communication during their season. In the subject line on messages, start with the sport team (ex. SWIM) before typing the subject. Parents, students and coaches can use this listserv to discuss team meals, volunteer needs, practice change times, etc…
“WakefieldBoosters” is the email listserv available for use by the Boosters to discuss meeting times, agenda items, concessions planning, spirit wear design discussions, etc. Those interested in become an active participant in Boosters should subscribe to this listserv.
- To sign on to ParentVue: http://access.apsva.us/parents/
- If you do not have a ParentVue sign-on, contact the Help Center at http://access.help.apsva.us or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 703-398-1426.
ParentVue is the website used to provide information on student attendance, courses, teachers, grades, missing work, GPA and past course work. Please note that grades are not up-to-the-minute, but are often only updated once a week or every other week by teachers. Use this as a general gauge of your child’s progress, and if you have questions about missing assignments or grades, you may want to speak with your child first, then contact the individual teachers if you have additional questions or concerns.
Social Media & Web
- PTSA on Twitter
- School Happenings on Twitter:
- @WakeAthletics on Twitter
- Wakefield Boosters:
PTA National Standards for Family-School Partnerships
The Wakefield PTSA is committed to following these national standards in all our activities and practices:
- Welcoming all Families in the School Community
- Communicating Effectively
- Supporting Student Success
- Speaking Up for Every Child
- Sharing Power
- Collaborating with Community