WELCOME to Wakefield High School, home of the Warrior Nation. We are happy to have you and your family as part of our community. We are the PTSA – Parent/Guardian-Teacher/Staff-Student Association, and we would love for you to join us for the 2018-2109 school year! You can join and pay securely online. Your membership dues and No Sweat Fundraiser donations help support the Wakefield Community by funding teacher grants, staff appreciation events, community engagement and more.
- If you are a freshman family or a new family to Wakefield (or Arlington), please visit the Resources for New Families page the PTSA has put together.
- To understand how to get connected, please visit our Get Connected page. Messages are frequently sent through our PTSA-Boosters listserv – the Principal, counseling staff, activities director and our college counselor use this listserv as a primary means of communication. We communicate often, but are pretty good about putting the subject in the header so you can ignore information you don’t need or want. We also engage parents through robocalls (mostly second language parents) and APS SchoolTalk messages.
Follow us on TWITTER: @wakefieldptsa
Please Join the PTSA! Por favor unirse a la PTSA.
Join and pay securely online — or if you prefer to join the old-fashioned way, here is a link to our paper form in English and Spanish. You can mail the form to: 5005 S. 23rd St., Arlington, VA 22206 or drop off at the school. Membership dues are $15 per year per Family and $10 per year per Teacher.
Why Join? The PTSA Supports Student Learning and Our Staff
How does the PTSA spend the funds raised? How does the PTSA support our teachers and learning for Wakefield students? Check out our Grants Page, with letters from teachers and pictures of the last two years of PTSA-funded Teacher Grants in action!
Keep on top of important info by reading the PTSA Newsletter: The Warrior News
Your PTSA: A Parent-Teacher-STUDENT Association
We are are not just a regular Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) at Wakefield but a PTSA – the “S” stands for students. At every PTSA meeting this year, we invited students to speak with us about their activities, initiatives and concerns. It is a great way for us all to connect with our high school students, hear what is important to them and be sure we are meeting their needs. Come join us!
List of Important 2018-19 Dates
PTSA meetings are usually held in Room A-134 at 7:00 p.m. on Monday evenings. We have a few meetings at the beginning of the year on Saturday mornings from 9:30-11:30 am, in an attempt to allow parents and guardians to attend at least one meeting each semester.
Gabriela Uro, President
Twanna Lesperance, Vice President
Velvet Beard, Treasurer
Mary Garrison, Secretary
Cindy McIntyre, Membership Team and Hospitality
Lisa Labella, Staff Membership and Teacher Liaison
Mahender Dudani, CCPTA Representative
Upcoming PTSA General Meetings
- Monday, January 14, 2019, 7:00pm
- Monday, February 11, 2019, 7:00 pm
- Monday, March 18, 2019, 7:00pm
- Monday, April 8, 2019, 7:00pm
- Monday, May 20, 2019, 7:00pm
- Monday, June 3, 2019 6:00pm