NHS Membership: Next year– two application cycles! Interest meeting in September, date TBA.
For seniors: Early application 1st quarter.
For everybody: Application process begins February 1, 2020
Applicants please remember– it’s not just about grades! Make sure your absences are all excused! Volunteer! Join! Make sure you show your teachers your dedication to education.
The Philomethean Chapter, founded in 1955, is celebrating its 63rd year. Our society is based on four principles: scholarship, leadership, character, and service. Members of our society must excel at all four. We exist not only to promote and facilitate academic issues, but we also provide service to our school and community. We are a community of leaders, respected by our peers, our faculty, and the world beyond Wakefield. We look forward to welcoming you into our ranks.
To be considered for membership in the National Honor Society, you must:
- have completed three semesters of high school (be a sophomore, junior, or senior)
- have a 3.500 cumulative GPA for all of high school (I will verify this with the registrar)
- have no more than 3 unexcused absences in the current school year, with each unexcused tardy counting as 1/3 of an unexcused absence
- submit three recommendations – two from Wakefield faculty and one from an unrelated adult outside of Wakefield (employer, coach, church official, scout leader, etc.) – using the online forms below. Adult recommenders can use either the online survey (preferred) or the printable form.
4. complete and submit the personal information form and personal statement using the online form below
Applicants will be evaluated based on the application materials and a confidential faculty assessment process. We are looking for candidates who exemplify the NHS principles at all times, not simply when they are applying!